TRICHOTILLOMANIA - THE BUNNY TAYLOR MEMOIRS

The true story of an abusive childhood that led to the onset and manisfestaion of trichotillomania.

Tuesday 7 July 2009

More Truths About Trichotillomania

Sometimes, as soon as I pull a hair with a good root on it I destroy it immediately.
Other times I wait until I have a collection of hair with good roots lined up on the mirror, my leg, or whatever surface I’m using, and only when I feel I have enough with good roots attached do I start to destroy them. I destroy them by holding the hair between the fingers of my left hand and pulling the root off between the pinched finger and thumb of my right hand. I roll the severed root between my fingers, feeling its texture, then I throw it away. I don’t have any particular place to discard the destroyed hair and root, I just rub the debris of my fingertips and let it fall wherever.
Sometimes when feeling for the right hair to pull I can also feel shorter,stubbly hairs, the regrowth of previous pulling sessions. Finding these prompt me to move to the bathroom mirror where I use a comb to part my hair to help me to locate these coarse stubbly hairs, and when I do I use tweezers to remove the hairs.I never recognise myself in the mirror, it is as if I am faceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Personal blogs & blog posts