TRICHOTILLOMANIA - THE BUNNY TAYLOR MEMOIRS

The true story of an abusive childhood that led to the onset and manisfestaion of trichotillomania.

Thursday 9 July 2009

Intimate Truths About Trichotillomania

It is not always the hair on my head that I pull, I also habitually pull the pubic hair from my armpits and my genitalia.
Because I shave my armpits the hair is short and stubbly, so I use tweezers to grip the hair so that I can pull it out. I also feel my armpits for any blocked hair follicles and tiny imperfections. Sometimes I can actually see these by looking in the mirror. I use hairpins to try to squeeze out the blocked hair follicle. I also try to remove the actual new hair growth before it has broken through the skin.
Again I am searching for the right hair, the one with the good root, and when I do find it I destroy it.


My other main area of intense hair pulling and skin picking is my genitalia. I have self harmed in this area since hair first appeared ,when I reached puberty and about six months after I started pulling the hair on my head. At first I used mother’s tweezers to remove the pubic hair, but as the years passed I became expert at pulling the hairs using the tweezers and my finger tips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Personal blogs & blog posts