TRICHOTILLOMANIA - THE BUNNY TAYLOR MEMOIRS

The true story of an abusive childhood that led to the onset and manisfestaion of trichotillomania.

Saturday 22 August 2009

The Onset Of Trichotillomania

It’s 1977. I am 10 years old and everything has changed again. Daddy has married his lady friend and moved to a new house and Mother, Number 3, my sister and myself have moved into the house that Daddy has just vacated; our old house. This time round Daddy does not keep my brother and so he stays with us.
This feels really weird for me as I am now back in my old bedroom in the house that I never wanted to leave. But I am unhappy as the set up is very different with Number 3 in the house and all I want is Daddy. Mother says I have a new father now, but he is not my father he is Number 3 and he rules the house with a rod of iron and his own particular brand of terror. I often hear Number 3 telling Mother that he does not like this house, that it is in a rough area full of rough people.
I have a degree of happiness as I am now also back in my old school and am able to reunite with my best friend who I have missed. But my happiness is short lived as I only have 1 school year left until I leave to go to High School. My best friend is not going to the same High School as I am and I am very unhappy about this. I tell Mother that I want to go to the same school as my friend but I am not allowed to as the school only accepts children who attend church and Mother has never taken any of us to church.
I spend most of the summer holiday, my last from junior school with my best friend and her parents, walking the mile to their house and back again practically every day. I am always happy when I am at her house, her parents are always around and her Mother is always baking cakes and smiling. But I know we are going to be separated soon through our schooling and the holiday passes quickly.
I feel so very sad and by the time September arrives my secret has begun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Personal blogs & blog posts