TRICHOTILLOMANIA - THE BUNNY TAYLOR MEMOIRS

The true story of an abusive childhood that led to the onset and manisfestaion of trichotillomania.

Wednesday 22 July 2009

The Fist Day Of Therapy.

On the morning of my first therapy appointment I feel physically sick as I am so nervous and my hands are shaking. So that I do not have to walk through the building on my own my therapist has told me that she will wait for me in the reception area of the day hospital.
I feel embarrassed and a little ashamed as I approach the doors of the building. My embarrassment is based on vanity, I am worried that I will see someone that I know, or worse, someone I know will see me, without me realising it enter the building . The Mental Health building. My shame is based on the fact that I know that I cannot make myself better on my own, that my problems have escalated to such a point that I have asked professionals to help me, help me with this trichotillomania hell.
I dismiss these thoughts from my head as I convince myself that as always I am so smartly dressed, if anyone I know does see me they would probably assume that I am attending a business meeting , particularly as I am being met in reception.
As I push the large glass doors open I feel the shame flush my face, to my relief I see my therapist waiting for me, as she said she would.
As I walk with my therapist through reception I expect to see lots of people, patients I suppose and the prospect of this frightens me. However I only see a couple of people who return the smiles that I give them. I kid myself that these people think I am an important official visitor to the day hospital. A cleaner is vacuuming the carpets and stops her work to let us pass, she does not look at me, she appears to avert her eyes as I walk past her, perhaps out of respect for my privacy, I can sense that she realises I am a patient, she looks like she has seen it all before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Personal blogs & blog posts