TRICHOTILLOMANIA - THE BUNNY TAYLOR MEMOIRS

The true story of an abusive childhood that led to the onset and manisfestaion of trichotillomania.

Monday 13 July 2009

The Trichotillomania Referral

A short time after writing to my doctor I make an appointment to talk things over with her. I don’t actually have to talk much at the appointment as I have said so much, and in so much detail in my letters to her.
I agree with her decision to refer me to the Community Mental Health Team (CMHT), at this stage I have no idea what type of treatment is available or may be offered to me. I am just glad to be referred because I feel so out of control yet at the same time totally numb. The only thing that I am certain of is that I need and want help.
A few weeks pass and I receive a telephone call from the CMHT inviting me to attend an assessment. I immediately accept and am told that the assessment process will be for one hour a week over a three to four week period starting at the end of July 2008.
On the day of my first appointment I am so nervous I feel physically sick because I am dreading the thought of telling a stranger the intimate details of my life that have brought me to this place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Personal blogs & blog posts