TRICHOTILLOMANIA - THE BUNNY TAYLOR MEMOIRS

The true story of an abusive childhood that led to the onset and manisfestaion of trichotillomania.

Monday 13 July 2009

The Assessment cont.

After three weeks she tells me that she has enough information to present to the team. She tells me that due to staff holidays, general workloads and other team commitments I will not hear anything for more than a month.
As I leave I tell her that I desperately need help and ask her to put as good a case as she can forward for me. I tell her that I am prepared to try anything as I am serious about getting help. I tell her I know that even though treatment is free due to our National Health Service, I understand that it still costs and is very expensive to deliver to patients.
I assure her that I really do need and want treatment and that I will attend every appointment given to me.
As she holds the door open for me to leave she smiles and nods her head at me.
The intervening weeks seem to pass very slowly. I am tense and on edge as I wait to hear if I am going to be offered any help.
Pops (my father-in-law) buys me a complicated three dimensional puzzle to keep me occupied whilst I am waiting.
My husband is very supportive. He tells me that there is nothing we can do but wait and as he constantly comforts and reassures me he tells me how brave I am, how proud of me he is and how very much he loves me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Personal blogs & blog posts